Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rehab is over!

It ended on Friday night, technically. We've been doing a ton of work around the house this weekend so I hardly noticed!

I don't know if I will continue with the rules as they were. I need to have the option to be flexible and having set rules just doesn't allow for that. I feel guilty if I break them. So I think I will take another approach to our TV watching from now on. If I find myself struggling to find something to watch, I will turn it off or switch to music. I will take into consideration how what we are watching could affect the kids if they watch as well. Shows like Law & Order and Criminal Minds probably aren't the best, huh? This rule will honestly take care of most of our TV watching. No more Golden Girls on for 2 straight hours either. I think I've seen every episode out there, but they are a great pick-me-up, so I will save it for when I need it.

I've really found that the best pick-me-up I can do is take care of our home. Having a tidy house does so much for my overall mood. I also am going to start introducing activities like playing with playdough to Mady to help her be more creative. She loves to color so I think that she will enjoy the playdough. And it will be made from scratch so no harm if she eats it ;)

Here's a picture of our finished bathroom! I may get a new curtain since this one has been torn up by the cats, but we'll see if I can find one that "goes" as well as this. I hope you enjoyed your weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment