Thursday, June 3, 2010

We've been MIA

We went out of town to visit Dave's family and get Declan baptized. The trip was a success, the kids did great. It wasn't so great from an eco-friendly standpoint. I drank mostly bottled water there (the water at the in-law's house tasted really funky to me), we used a few disposable swim diapers, and did a lot more driving around than we usually would. Not to mention the paper plates, etc that were used at the various family events we went to.

But all in all it was a great trip. Dave and I got to go out to a bar to celebrate his sister's birthday/graduation. Both kids stayed with his parents. My mother in law called in reinforcements, anticipating that Declan would need lots of attention, but he slept 6 hours straight that night! I think the reinforcements were a little disappointed ;)

Then we got back and I got sick. It was just a regular cold but then it snowballed into a sinus infection. I'm getting over it now and feeling MUCH better, but the house is (still) a mess and I have a ton of work to do. Luckily my wonderful husband was able to take most of Tuesday off of work to take care of the kids while I rested. That made all the difference!

As we get back into the swing of things I'll be posting more. We have a 2nd birthday coming up, so we'll be talking about how to have a more green birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment