Monday, May 3, 2010

The 10 minute Tidy up

This is my plan:

Every night and/or morning (depending on what time allows me) I will spend 10 minutes in each of the main living rooms (kitchen, living room, dining room) and tidy up.

Hopefully that will keep the clutter at bay so I can sweep in and clean counters, dust or vacuum whenever needed with minimal work.

I am happy to report that tonight was a big success! I love waking up to a tidied up house. It sets the mood for the whole day. I am hosting a potluck dinner on Friday so here is my To Do list this week:

-Finish organizing the office (so I can show it off if people would like a tour - we've never entertained a large group here)
-Tidy up the living areas and rid them of clutter
-Tidy up the bedrooms
-Clean the bathroom(s) - I won't stress about the master
-Vacuum
-Dust (a rare occurrence around these parts)
-Sweep the patio area
-Re-wash the small rugs that have been drying outside since January.

I am lucky enough to have received an offer for someone to watch Mady for a few hours while I clean but really, Declan is the one that is hard to work around. Mady doesn't typically undo what I've done right away, and is pretty independent, so hopefully she will have a good week and I won't have to ask.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment